Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Hold On To the Spirit - Poinsettia


click on image to see larger view
Hi there, Yogi here with a very simple one layer card that uses a masking/stenciling technique.
click on image to see larger view

I side folded a white card and used the Crafts Too embossing folder "Holly", but since the design didn't reach the area I wanted, I cut the folder apart, and taped it at the other end, now my design landed where I wanted it...

Cut a mask (Spellbinders Labels 22) and sponged various colors of Distress (Old Paper, Antique Linen, Aged Mahogany) around the edges, moving the mask to make the larger design. Used a 4B pencil and a paper stump to blend the shadow line.

Stamped the saying with Distress Aged Mahogany and touched some areas with Walnut Stain, clear embossed.

The flower is red cardstock, scrunched and the high points embossed with gold and is die cut with Marianne Designs "Poinsettia" die set. The center of the flower is a quilled fringe using Quilled Creations "Mum's" die from gold paper.

Hope you enjoyed today's project.

9 comments:

Art By Wanda said...

Beautiful card, Yogi!!!

CraftyJo said...

Beautiful card Yogi, I'm loving all this Christmas inspiration.

Nan G said...

This is so beautiful! Great idea! And love the texture of the poinsettia!

christi said...

gorgeous card, subtle colorong is awesome. i like how you made your embossing folder work for you. that's a great out of the box idea!

Robyn said...

beautifully simple and elegant.
going to cut apart all my embossing folders!

mow180 said...

This is a very pretty card, I love the poinsetta.

Holly said...

Lots of great ideas Yogi. I especially like how you make your supplies work for you. This is a beautiful card!

Anne said...

Such an elegant vintage feel about yur card! I really like it!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Elegant...and simple....always good to have a great idea for a one layer card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...