Monday, March 25, 2013

God Grant me the Serenity....Live in the Moment...Mothers hold their children's hands...

Robyn here, excited to be sharing several takes on one of Quietfire Designs newest hand lettered quotes, and the evolution of a card.

Suzanne recently shared a comment that one reason folks like her stamps, is,  the same stamp can be used in so many different ways, form simple to complex designs.


"How long did it take you to make that?" is the most asked comment I get on the blog and live demoing.
My flip answer is,
"On a good day just the right amount of time and on a bad day a bit longer."











This first ATC took less than five minutes          
( not counting thinking up the idea).
Simply stamped with VersaFine Sepia and colorized with Distress Old Paper.

Adding just one new element- a hand drawn and inked border, this second ATC took under 10 minutes.


Jumping ahead just a bit, on the third ATC I added a backing panel from stash, a second layer embossed with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots (if I could have just one embossing folder this would be it), and stamped and thermal embossed clear on some tracing vellum. Maybe 15 minutes.


Which brings us to the lead card.
The card layer front is embossed with the stripes, and the back panel for the Quote is Spellbinders Curved matting Basics  B
- be sure to label these first thing-
 and Scalloped Labels One and Labels One.
I laced some ribbon through one of the Spellbinders Celtic Accents to finish it off.

So, 1 stamp, 3 ink pads, 2 embossing folders, some misc stash ...add your imagination and the possibilities are endless!
Any of the new stamps can be used in this way- simple to elegantly complex.




Comments and Questions always welcomed.

14 comments:

Bibi Lindahl said...

Great projects, Robyn! :-) I love your answer to how long it takes you to make things, "On a good day just the right amount of time and on a bad day a bit longer." How true!

The new stamps are awesome! TFS! :-D

Francie in Montreal said...

I second Bibi's comments. Well said. I enjoyed looking at your different projects and learned from each. Thanks

Robyn said...

Thanks Bibi, I have to agree- love the new stamps and I was needing some inspiration!

Robyn said...

thanks Francie- so much to learn! everyone learns , everyone teaches!

Yogi said...

very nice. i see you got that Spellbinder's Celtic border. Looks good. I was debating about getting it...
Have a great day

C. M. Taylor said...

Thank you for sharing the "take it to the next level" approach in card making. It is so nice to see the art that someone else has produced.

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Great card, Robyn! I enjoyed seeing your card evolution: there is an iris box full of die cuts and stamped paper in my craft room. It is nice to see that others probably have the same iris box with their card "misses". :)

Thanks for sharing your lovely card!

Froggietalks said...

Lovely card and ATCs Robyn! I love the idea of using scraps to use on ATC backgrounds :)

Shirley said...

I find there is no sense of time when you enjoy what you do.

Robyn said...

Most welcome- We'd love to see what you produce- post on our FB page

Robyn said...

thanks for the kind words.
I have several of those boxes!

Robyn said...

thanks for the kind words!
We need to have a scrap swap!

Holly said...

Nice variety Robyn and way to showcase the stamps.
Scrap swap? Just say when!

Robyn said...

thanks Holly- have to figure out how to have an international swap if I can't get y'all to come here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...