Friday, March 15, 2013

VALENTINE SHAMROCK



Hi Everyone! It's Holly here today and my project is another example of the Caught In Crystal Technique, but done a little differently this time.
I stamped the flower heart from  Valentine's Day/Love 2013 onto a transparency using jet black Stazon ink . Once dry, I flipped the transparency over and worked on the back side.
I smooshed Distress inks onto the transparency and once the area was well covered, I dribbled on some Future Floor Finish. I mixed it all around, sprinkled glitter over it and followed up with the crumpled tissue paper. Pressed it all down, then dried it.
I cut out the hearts and from a scrap, cut out a stem shape. Drew a few lines around the stem with a Sharpie. I wanted more green to show on the heart/petals so I just sponged more on the back and let it dry. And it worked!  So, I pushed my luck and sprayed a little shimmer spritz on it too.
Using Black Archival ink I stamped Always Kiss Me Goodnight, also from Valentine's Day/Love 2013, onto a scrap of white, then cut out KISS ME.
I embossed white cardstock with Spellbinders Expandable Botanical Garden Die , sponged around the edge of it and the two words.
I attached the white to the green card base, then adhered the shamrock petals with glue dots and glued the words on.
The sparkle and shimmer in real life is stunning.
 
Thanks for looking and remember to avoid the pinch on Sunday and wear something green!
Happy St. Paddy's Day!
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

CraftyJo said...

This is gorgeous! I've pinned it so I can come find it again when I need some wonderful inspiration.

Robyn said...

Oh- I'm feeling lucky and green from this card!
so that's what you do with floor wax!!!

Terre Fry said...

Holly very clever, love the floor wax creativity!

Yogi said...

wonderful. What a neat shamrock. And good idea with the floor wax.
Have a great day

Shirley said...

I've known about the liquid floor wax trick, but I can't find the "Future floor wax" in my hardware store. It's lovely shamrock card Holly.

lizzie said...

love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...