Monday, November 18, 2013

CHRISTMAS IS THE DAY, & OTHERS- ONE SHEET WONDER 16 CARD STASH BUILDER

Hi Everyone! This is Holly, and I'm hoping that today I can show you a fun way to build up your Christmas card inventory. Sixteen different cards, all simple, and you can bling them up way more than I have. Keep them simple for mailing, or go over the top and hand deliver. Or create a box :)
The first photo shows the cards created, and a bonus tag from the leftovers.
Let me show you how.
 
On a 12x12 sheet of white cardstock, I randomly stamped the following:
From the Christmas Cuddlers stamp set, I chose the JOY stamp and used it with Fired Brick Distress Ink. From the Christmas Is the Day set, I used the two trees with Peeled Paint and Shabby Shutters Distress Inks. Forest Moss Distress Ink was used with the holly stamp from the Deck the Halls stamp set. The snowflakes were inked with Stormy Sky Distress Ink.
Once the stamping was done, it was time to add some sparkle-always fun! You can add glue and glitter, emboss with metallic or sparkly embossing powder, doodle with glittery gel pens, add flat-backed rhinestones...whatever you want.
 
This is the 'designer' paper I created.
 
This is how I cut it up.

These are the measurements of my pieces. You can cut up your designer sheet the same, or do your own thing. The idea is to make up a lot of card elements. You can always trim a piece, as you go, if you need to.
I folded 16, 81/2" x 51/2" pieces of white card stock for the card bases, and added some coloured cardstock to match the inks as closely as possible. I dry embossed lots of the coloured card stock pieces with Spellbinders M-Bossibilities  folders.

The Merry Christmas stamp is from Christmas Is the Day set and stamped with Jet Black Archival Ink.


The Believe stamp is from Textured Holiday Words and stamped using the same black ink.


I kept these cards very simple to show you how easily this One Sheet Wonder design helps you create a stash of different cards. Lots of them can be mailed "as is" and others can be blinged up.
I've used traditional Christmas colours here but anything you want, goes. How about monochromatic? How about no images, just words? Stamp onto ready-made designer paper.
You can find it all at Quietfire Design, and create a nice supply of cards in a very short time.
What I've shown you today, could be done in a couple evenings.
 
I hope you try this and create a great batch of cards, in plenty of time for mailing.
Thank you for looking today!

5 comments:

Yogi said...

that's one heck of a bunch of cards. nicely done
have a great day

Shirley said...

What a wonderful idea, I'm going to do just that! Thank you.

Froggietalks said...

Great idea Holly! I need to make some more Christmas cards (I just realized I am a few short), and doing this will be PERFECT! I am going to save your template for cutting the "patterned paper" :)

Evelyn said...

Fantastic Holly! I need to copy your template, too.

Leslie said...

Found this on Pinterest. AMAZING!! and so pretty!! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...