Thursday, May 7, 2015

Calla Lilies - With Sympathy - May Each Treasured Memory

Yogi here today with a sympathy card. Hopefully I won't need it for a long time...

Suzanne recently came out with this new cutting file of a Calla Lily and an open frame card which you can find on the Silhouette onLine store I decided to add a couple more lilies... I used the lattice piece but opted for my own card shape which is 5"w x 7"h

I'm using sentiment stamp ("10 Tiny Sentiments" 10 pce set) on the outside and a quote ("May Each Treasured Memory...") on the inside from Quietfire Design

I scored and folded my white card. Embossed the front using Sheena Douglas "Ivy Frame" 5 x 7 embossing folder.

eCut the frame at 4.5"h from white cardstock. Sponged with various Distress "Old Paper" and browns. Inked with Versamark and embossed with Distress embossing powders, sprinkling a little "Brushed Corduroy", "Pumice Stone" & "Walnut Stain". Heat setting and then brushing off the excess crystals. Adhered to card front.

eCut the lilies from white cardstock, resizing the flower (white part) to 2.5"h and matching the other pieces to the flower to keep them in proportion. (I did this by placing all my elements on the mat, selecting them all, and then resizing in one shot). Added vein lines in the white part of the flower and the leaves using a small balled stylus. Used Distress colors "Shabby Shutters" and a bit of "Crushed Olive" direct to paper, and used a sponge to add the green to the base of the flower. Colored the yellow piece with "Mustard Seed", then added a glob of glue to the upper half and pressed a bright yellow flower soft into the glue. Set aside to dry.

Shaped the flower around a paint brush handle. When I got the shape I liked glued down the edge. Adhered the stem piece shaping it a bit by pinching to round the straight line. Put a dab of glue on the inside of the flower and adhered my yellow pistol.

Adhered the leaves and flower to my card front.

Stamped the sentiment using Versafine Black Onyx onto white cardstock. Trimmed close to stamping, rounded one end and added a green dragonfly brad

On the inside: stamped the quote with the black.

Stamped the Calla Lilies (Flourishes) using "Pumice Stone" all over then using Distress marker "Shabby Shutters" on the leafy areas, misted with water and stamped. Colored the pistols with a yellow colored pencil. Fussy cut around the flower. (actually eCut the shape after creating a silhouette image and then stamping the eCut...). adhered to inside of card.

Added a dotted border using a Faber Castell black marker.

click on any card image to enlarge. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Anne said...

This is so gorgeous and would be a treasured memory in itself. Bravo!

C. M. Taylor said...

Yogi you continually amaze me! You are so inspiring and creative! TFS this beautiful work of art. I love that you give the details of making this masterpiece so that we can attempt to CASE it! Mine never look like yours in the end. . . . I just hang in there and pray a lot! Someday!!!

Suzi B said...

Thank you for joining us at MMM with this elegant card

Suzi B x DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...