Friday, September 4, 2015

Happy Birthday with Graphic 45's Home Sweet Home


Hello Crafty Friends!  Kathy Jo here sharing a cheerful card using Quietfire's new Happy Birthday die set:
Happy Birthday - Metal Cutting Die
Isn't it a beautiful die?  

Lately I have been trying to make more cards that are easier to mail.  With a beautiful die and patterned fussy cut papers, many lovely and easy to mail cards can be made.
For my card I die cut the Happy Birthday using scrap Home Sweet Home paper from Graphic 45.  The frame was also made using paper from the same collection.  I fussy cut some flowers, layered and added Stickles:

Yes, it did take a little bit of time to fussy cut the flowers but I found that the red helped to make the Happy Birthday "pop!":
home sweet home
Admittedly, it feels strange to not have a big bow or lace or 3D flowers on the card but I like how it turned out.  And it keeps the focus of the card front on the die cut sentiment.  The die cut is so pretty! 

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a happy crafty weekend!
Hugs,
Kathy Jo


2 comments:

TracyM #6773 said...

DELIGHTFUL card!!!
LOVE the colour combo and LOVE the sentiment too, apart from being GORGEOUS writing, it looks BEAUTIFUL in the the patterned paper!!! I have never die cut sentiments in patterned paper before => I will be trying it now, THANK YOU for sharing :)

Yogi said...

nice. have a great day

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...